CPM is specialized in bearing manufacturing , producing every year in the plant based in Nova Milanese, over 3 million special bearings, slewing bearings and precision rings and is equipped to manage on site the complete production process.
This represents a very important value that enables CPM to continuously monitor the quality of the complete manufacturing process and to keep the necessary flexibility to manage the highly required customization level. Every new project is constantly followed by the technical department, that helps the customers cooperating from the initial design phase, pleased to share the elevated know-how of CPM bearings.
Implementation and development of Lean Production is another very important characteristic to be coherent with the company’s claim “your needs…our actions”, providing to national and foreign customers a service level always higher and tailor made.
Raw material warehousing:
- CPM only uses raw material coming from the main European special steel manufacturers, carefully selected to be suitable for accurate processing and for the uses required by every specific application. Raw material is carefully stocked inside an advanced warehouse inside the plant and it is constantly supplied following “just on time” deliveries, in order to guarantee a reactive management of the batches in production.
- The turning department is equipped with single and multi spindle lathes which guarantee to CPM a high production capacity in the first bearing production step.
- Heat treatment is the key process that gives to the special bearings stability and hardness characteristics. This process is done in the plant of Carbotempra, company 100% owned by CPM, and equipped with automatic lines and high performances furnaces, both in terms of productivity and low environmental impact.
- The grinding process is the key process that gives to the special bearings the required precision. This phase is done in a grinding department well equipped with up-to-date grinding machines, specifically designed for bearings rings grinding.
- When the final application requires elevated performances in terms of surface roughness, the bearing raceways are then super-finished. For this delicate operation, CPM has a dedicated department inside the plant of Nova Milanese.
- At the end of the production process, the bearings are then assembled on manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and are prepared for the final quality checks and tests. 100% of the bearings that we produce are checked after assembly.
- An integrated and efficient logistic system permits to CPM a careful warehouse management and to ship all over the world following the specific logistic requirements of every customer.